You will receive monthly e-mails with updates on our campaigns, new information about environmental health, and opportunities to attend local events or contact your public officials.
Organizational membership is the basis of the coalition. Over 50 Connecticut non-profit organizations are part of the coalition, including:
All non-profit and community groups who share the values and goals of the coalition are invited to join us! Click here to download our membership form for organizations.
We are volunteers and staff of professional public interest advocacy organizations who come together in the spirit of collaboration to promote the well-being of society and the protection of the environment. Connecticut Clean Water Fund and Clean Water Action provide an organizational home for the coalition. Each member organization of the coalition chooses their level of involvement. There is no fee to join.
We have a democratic decision-making structure. All committee meetings are open to organizational members.
Support for the coalition’s campaigns comes from foundations, individual donors and in-kind contributions. We receive no government or corporate funding.
To join, an organization votes in favor of the following:
1. Agree with coalition goals, values and principles as described in the Coalition Brochure. Please also review the campaigns the Coalition is organizing.
2. Show public support for coalition goals by appearing on a list of coalition members that will be shown to policy makers, the media, etc.
3. Periodically ask your members to take simple action. Action requests are usually things such as: making a phone call, sending an email message, participating in a meeting, signing a petition, attending a public event, and other events/activities organized by the coalition to influence decision-makers. Together our organizations can mobilize thousands of people to participate in citizen action. By coordinating constituent/citizen mobilization and media coverage we can convince decision-makers to take action to protect our health.
4. Vote. Member organizations elect a Steering Committee that makes decisions on policies and implementation. Any significant changes in broad goals and campaigns are sent to organizational members for comment before the Steering Committee makes decisions. Any member organization can nominate itself, or be nominated, to send a representative to serve on the Steering Committee.
5. Choose Two Representatives. The coalition sends members periodic information updates and action alerts via email to representatives of member organizations. Please choose two people to be your representatives to the coalition.
For additional information or a letter inviting your organization to join, please call Anne Hulick at 860-232-6232.
Please mail or e-mail your membership form or information request to:
Clean Water Action, 645 Farmington Ave., Floor 3, Hartford, CT, 06105
860-232-6232, FAX: 860-232-6334.